[ema|emd] is no more
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scheduling Guild/Alliance Runs

+4
Markus Clouser
|EMA| Inferno
dougal4chaos
hinamiko
8 posters

Go down

Scheduling Guild/Alliance Runs Empty Scheduling Guild/Alliance Runs

Post  hinamiko Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:32 pm

If this is in the wrong area, feel free to move it around markus.

I have an idea that I need everyones opinions on. Alright so lately, I know a lot of people have missed out on some runs that the wished or have asked to be done before, or didn't make it in time, etc. Whatever the reason may be, I think we should deffinately go back to scheduling certain things on certain days. I know we did have a few problems with this in the past, but now that we have a more active alliance, and a more active forum, I think we should give it a chance and try it again. I don't wanna see any negative feed back here, just Positive feed back and idea of how we can make this work. My idea to go back to using the calander so people know ahead of time so they can prepare for it incase its one of those long time consuming areas, like Underworld, or The Deep.

Its easier to show you then to explain it so here's an example:

Monday:
Guild/ Alliance ZM + ZB day!

Tuesday:
HM Dungeons!
(not slavers.)

Wednesday:
Free Choice!!

Thursday:
Slavers Day!

Friday:
Vqing day!

Saturday:
Elite Areas
(UW, The Deep, Urgoz, etc.)

Sunday:
Free Choice!!

I know there are probably some things I've missed, but this is just a rough idea. We can keep the same schedual for every week, or mix it up each week, or whatever, just so its written down so everyone knows about it and so they have no reason to be left out for any reason.
hinamiko
hinamiko
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Scheduling Guild/Alliance Runs Empty Re: Scheduling Guild/Alliance Runs

Post  dougal4chaos Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:59 pm

well i do the ZM, ZB, and SBB every day at about the same time, between 5 and 7 pm gmt just after they come out, i always yell in chat to see if anyone needs running through it and im sure there are other people in different time zones doing the same thing as me.

so i dont see a need for those to be on a calendar.

having a regular time to do elite areas (uw, fow, urgoz, deep, doa) and dungeons is a good idea, but you'd probably need 3 different times each day to cover everyone.

you might also want to add times for pvp (HA, GvG, AvA ) as well.

the last alliance we was in did all these things on a regular basis but they where organised by individuals for the good of the alliance so maybe just ask who would like to regulary organise the different events and make a section on the forum to keep it all neat and tidy.

dougal4chaos
dougal4chaos
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post  hinamiko Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:38 am

I didn't mention anything about time b/c I don't believe it to be a giant issue. I know the time difference between where my location and markus is located in 11 hours. Its huge, but if a date is scheduled ahead of time, it gives people enough time to figure out if they can go, what time it would be for them, and if they want too. I figure if you give people enough warning ahead of time, there's no excuse for them to miss it if they really wanna come b/c of the time. They've had (say a whole week) to plan for it.

As for pvp areas, that can be added as well, it was simply a rough draft, and I knew there had to be something I forgot to add. As for the ZM, ZB, and sbb, I know I don't do them everyday, or get to them, so that could possibly be a day to catch up on old ones that people have but didn't or couldn't do.
hinamiko
hinamiko
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post  |EMA| Inferno Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:38 am

Totally would be down for all of this. Orb Kaftan [EMA] and I usually try and tackle dungeons as much as we can. We always post in AC before we leave. Hina, you know this. But totally count me in for Slaver's Day and Dungeon days. I need those the most. Great idea.
|EMA| Inferno
|EMA| Inferno
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Markus Clouser Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:01 am

We'll make it happen but there will be people that will VQ daily and not just in one day, or do Dungeons, etc.
From what I saw, 20-21 GMT are the best hours for scheduling these. It's not insanely late for Europeans and not very early for US.

Btw, we need to squeeze HM missions in there too.

Another idea. how would it be to vote what mission/VQ/Dungeon we do? For example, let's say it's Tuesday 01 June - we vote for Tuesday 08 June and with a day or two we post the results in the calendar.
Markus Clouser
Markus Clouser
Alliance Leader

https://ema-hm.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zazazel Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:20 am

I like the concept, great idea. However ZB/ZM-day may not be the best idea imo, as they are daily stuff. So I suggest making a DAILY event for ZM + ZB + SSB (If ZB is not a dungeon) at around 7 GMT, before 'big' events start at around 9 GMT-ish.

As much as I like the idea, I do want to raise the question wether a strict schedule for elite areas is needed. Theres plenty of times where we organize DoA/UW or whatever unplanned, and they turn out pretty much the same as planned runs.
Zazazel
Zazazel
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Brighid The Vulcan Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:48 am

I think its a great idea to do these bigger/larger or more difficult area's/missions/dungeons on a standard day.

Thursday..nice....Slaver's day! Did all 4 quests (again) with h&h on my para, because Tara needed help with Duncan.
But she made Duncan with a few others when i was off... So i still need Duncan on my para (still got ZB on Duncan Smile ) and i dont want to do it with pugs.

And i think its good for the use of the forum as well, since people have to check here when they can do certain missions.

Brighid The Vulcan
Brighid The Vulcan
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post  dougal4chaos Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:13 am

Hinamiko wrote:I figure if you give people enough warning ahead of time, there's no excuse for them to miss it if they really wanna come b/c of the time. They've had (say a whole week) to plan for it.

for example Stewie [LotL] is organising a trip to urgoz, his playing time is in the region of 12pm gmt till 7am gmt, no matter how much notice you give me or how much i want to go i will be asleep at that time so the time of events is important, which is why i suggest we have 3 different people from 3 different time regions organise things.

Hinamiko wrote:As for the ZM, ZB, and sbb, I know I don't do them everyday, or get to them, so that could possibly be a day to catch up on old ones that people have but didn't or couldn't do.

as Zazazel said, zaishen is a daily thing, you can only have 3 zaishen at one time and people that do zaishen do it daily so its not realy appropiate for this.

ps weekend would be the best times to organise these events
dougal4chaos
dougal4chaos
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Mighty Was Edi Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:52 am

I loved the idea, I'm in (but I do not undertake). I'm also doing ZM / ZB on a daily basis with all my characters and Dungeons and VQs. But like I said, I support the proposal! cheers
Mighty Was Edi
Mighty Was Edi
People Know Me

Back to top Go down

Post  hinamiko Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:44 pm

We should make an area exclusively for voting
hinamiko
hinamiko
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Rileys_assassin Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:41 pm

I'm all for it, and i was wondering: what if, as to compensate for time differences, you did the stuff in a cycle, for example: every 2-3 hours or so, that way a person could participate and not have to worry about inconveniencing themselves just to do something. jocolor
Rileys_assassin
Rileys_assassin
Level 5

https://www.facebook.com/rileydoncarter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum