[ema|emd] is no more
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vent MotD problem

3 posters

Go down

vent MotD problem Empty vent MotD problem

Post  dougal4chaos Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:12 am

when you join our vent server you get a message of the day pop up.

on our old vent server i could put a tick in the box at the bottom and never see it again unless it changed how ever on our current vent server the box is greyed out and i cant put a tick in it.

can someone do something about this if it not too much trouble,
dougal4chaos
dougal4chaos
Level 20

Back to top Go down

vent MotD problem Empty Re: vent MotD problem

Post  Markus Clouser Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:26 am

We would. But people don't read it anyway and some don't put tags even after they were kicked. So for now I think it's good where it is. (It annoys me too, just so you know)
Markus Clouser
Markus Clouser
Alliance Leader

https://ema-hm.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dougal4chaos Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:53 am

Markus Clouser wrote:We would. But people don't read it anyway and some don't put tags even after they were kicked. So for now I think it's good where it is. (It annoys me too, just so you know)

hmm,

if people dont read it anyway, forcing us to click to get rid of it aint gonna help.
if kicking peopel aint gonna make them learn then either be tougher and kick them from alliance or be more lenient and allow tagless,
i hardly see anyone on vent except maybe at weekends when something is organised so realy the only ones suffering from the MotD is us, the normal active users who obey the rules.
dougal4chaos
dougal4chaos
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Markus Clouser Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:52 am

I shall further discuss this issue with the others.
Markus Clouser
Markus Clouser
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  hinamiko Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:29 pm

dougal4chaos wrote:
Markus Clouser wrote:We would. But people don't read it anyway and some don't put tags even after they were kicked. So for now I think it's good where it is. (It annoys me too, just so you know)

hmm,

if people dont read it anyway, forcing us to click to get rid of it aint gonna help.
if kicking peopel aint gonna make them learn then either be tougher and kick them from alliance or be more lenient and allow tagless,
i hardly see anyone on vent except maybe at weekends when something is organised so realy the only ones suffering from the MotD is us, the normal active users who obey the rules.

1. No one is forcing people to read it and its there for reference for people who doesn't use common sense, because that's basically what they are.
2. No one is forcing you to use the vent either. Its pretty simple, just follow the simple common sense rules, and everything will be okay. As soon as people start getting the message, I'm pretty sure they will come down so one little click will be less of an inconvenience for you.
3. Why would anyone me lenient of people who can't follow simple rules? Before putting the Motd, the only "rule" we had was to put a guild tag. Not hard. Still people don't do it. As for allowing tagless? Ain't gonna happen.
4. I live in the Us so I'm on a complete different time zone as most people in the guild, but in the afternon/nighttime hours here, it fills up with allies. (Proof ya need below)
5. If you are active and follow the rules, there's no reason the Motd should bother you. confused

*6:40 pm pacific time gmt -7
vent MotD problem Ventri11

Last edited by Hinamiko on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Pic)
hinamiko
hinamiko
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post  dougal4chaos Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:58 am

i think DFTT's applys here
dougal4chaos
dougal4chaos
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post  hinamiko Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:46 pm

Are you implying that all these people are trolls? At least they are following the rules and not bitching about something that with a little click of the mouse, Poof!
hinamiko
hinamiko
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Markus Clouser Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:41 pm

MOTD stays.

The end. bounce
Markus Clouser
Markus Clouser
Alliance Leader